The new government has allocated substantial funding for enterprises to expand through public private partnerships. In order to qualify enterprises have to meet specific criteria. The funds will enable them to:
- Reduce their operation costs.
- Create shareholder value from socio-economic opportunities.
- Reduce and prevent retrenchments.
- Increase their competitive advantage.
Computer Skills for Africa is collaborating with Altered Attitudes cc to help companies qualify for these funds. We are hosting a one day seminar for Top Managers and Policy-makers to help them understand the:
- Context, drivers, and best practice for public private partnerships.
- Steps involved for compliance with the process.
- Framework to engage with strategic partners.
- Mechanisms and timeframes for internal and external quality assurance.
- Monitoring and reporting framework, indicators and principles.
By the end of the workshop delegates will:
- Know how to integrate the process with their existing compliance frameworks.
- Have identified strategic partners with whom to boost their criteria.
- Be introduced to a supporting structure that will administer, monitor, quality assure and report on the process.
About the Presenter
Flick Asvat, is an internationally acclaimed social entrepreneur, strategist and the founder of Altered Attitudes cc. Since 2000 she has consistently gained national and international recognition and awards for her integrated strategies to accelerate economic equity. Her unique approach was published in People Dynamics, The Government Digest, Boardroom, Landscape and Progress Magazine. In 2004 she wrote and published, ‘Let us do this thing’, a step-by-step guide on how to speed up B-BBEE. She now helps companies accelerate their compliance and create shareholder value from B-BBEE incentives www.alteredattitudes.co.za.
“…my whole attitude changed from being negative about it to being excited about the possibilities it offered.”
“Fantastic… Integration of functions, business focus and strategy fully understood”
“…our staff as well as the union bought into the changes that were formulated”
Date, Time and Venue
Date : Thursday, 18 June 2009
Time : 08h00 to 16h30
Venue : Grey Goose
Who should attend?
- Chief Operations Officers
- BEE Committee Members
- Financial Directors
- Managing Directors
Delegates will be issued with attendance certificates for them to claim their fees from their mandatory grants. Seats are limited therefore the cut off date for registration is Friday, the 5th of June 2009.
Fees: R3 500 per delegate (includes VAT, tuition, comprehensive delegate’s manual and supporting documentation, lunch and refreshments)